Position: Transmission Engineer
Location: Fergus Falls, MN* (potential for up to 2 hybrid workdays per week)
At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Our employees’ impact can take many forms. In this role, the Transmission Engineer will improve the reliability of our energy structure by leading transmission projects.
Examples of those activities will include:
- Lead large scale transmission projects including managing external consultants, internal project communication and all relevant project details.
- Manage budgetary aspects of project design including cost estimates and design quantities for bidding purposes.
- Develop line design of various systems including structural and site analysis and construction plans.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are motivated to complete complex projects with many potential variables while aligning with our core values: Integrity, Community, Safety, Resourcefulness, Customer Service and People. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
- There’s a lot of innovation in our industry and we want positive, can-do people who are resilient through the challenges that sometimes come with change.
- A strategic growth and continuous improvement mindset with exceptional analytical and project management skills will allow you to conceive solutions and successfully implement them.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills as you partner with various internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering or minimum of 5 years of work experience in transmission line design or engineering is required.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package.
- Employee Stock Ownership options
- Retirement Savings Fund with employer match
- Health insurance plan options
- Training – our average employee spends hours in training and development each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training.
- Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
- Access to mental health support from the experts at SupportLinc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.