Hospice of the Red River Valley
Healthcare & Respite CareHome Health Services & SuppliesHospiceMedical ServicesNon Profit
For 40 years, Hospice of the Red River Valley has provided exceptional, person-centered medical care and grief support for our communities. With our sister organization, House Calls, we can help you live well through more of life’s transitions.
Hospice of the Red River Valley provides intensive comfort care for those with a life-limiting, serious illness who have chosen to stop curative treatments. Hospice relieves pain and symptoms while attending to an individual’s physical, personal, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Is provided when an individual has a life expectancy of six months or less.
- Is intensive comfort care, rather than curative care; individuals choose to focus on quality of life and forgo curative treatments.
- Provides the medications for the terminal diagnosis and related conditions, equipment and supplies.
- Includes 24/7 access via phone to a team of health care professionals, including the hospice physician, nurse practitioner and registered nurse to address an individuals’ medical needs; certified nursing assistant to provide the patient with personal cares like bathing, dressing and grooming; social workers and chaplains to offer emotional and spiritual support; and bereavement specialist who support family members and loved ones for 13 months after a death.
- Offers volunteer support to patients for companionship by playing cards, reading a newspaper, having coffee, taking walks, giving wheelchair rides or whatever the patient find most comforting.